Frequently Asked Questions After A Car Crash in Minnetonka MN

Find the answers below to the most frequently asked questions about auto accidents in Minnetonka MN. Having the answers to these key questions can help you choose the right Minnetonka chiropractor for you. If you don't see the answer below to a question you have, reach out to Connection Chiropractic at (952) 232-4700 and our team can help!

Why am I experiencing pain even though I wasn’t going very fast and there was no damage to my vehicle?

Vehicles moving at low speed still have a lot of momentum due to their mass. This momentum is transferred to the victim’s spine and can cause damage to tissue at low speeds.

Why is it important for me to get my spine checked after an accident even if I don’t feel pain?

Spinal pain after a car crash can sometimes take weeks, months or even years to manifest following a car crash. By getting checked now, you are being proactive and preventing future spinal problems down the road.

Will my insurance rates go up if I go to the chiropractor for my injuries?

No, your insurance company cannot legally increase your insurance premiums for seeking medical care from any provider.

How do I start getting no-fault benefits?

You need to contact your insurance company and fill out an application for benefits. It is important to be clear as to the injuries you have sustained and how the accident occurred. Any time you are asked to fill out and/or sign a document relating to an accident, you should consider contacting an experienced attorney if you have not previously done so.

How do I make sure my insurance will cover my medical bills related to my car crash?

The smartest thing to do after you’ve been in a collision is to call an attorney who specializes in personal injuries. If you don’t know who to call, we can help connect you with an attorney.

How much coverage do I have for medical bills for the injuries I received from my car crash?

There is $40,000 per person per accident ($20,000 for hospital/medical expenses and $20,000 for non-medical expenses such as lost wages, replacement services, etc.)

What other benefits am I entitled to after a car crash?

The insurance company will help pay for your mileage to and from your doctor appointments, any time missed from work (up to $500/week) and will cover any other inconveniences due to pain and suffering.

Shouldn’t my health insurance pay my bills?

By law, your automobile insurance company has to pay your medical bills under the No-Fault coverage in your policy before your health insurance pays anything. If you exhaust the $20,000 in nofault medical coverage, or if your automobile insurance company refuses to pay any of your medical bills, then your medical bills can be submitted to your health insurance company.

I wasn’t the driver in the vehicle, do I still have coverage?

You can be compensated for your injury even if your spouse or relative was driving and was at fault in causing the accident, and even if you own the car involved in the accident.

I am the primary homemaker in my household, do I receive any other benefit?

You can receive up to $200 per week (starting one week after the accident) to pay for household help such as housecleaning, snow shoveling, and yard work. An injured “primary homemaker” receives payment for lost services even if there is no out of pocket loss.

When can I make a claim against the at fault party?

If you have an injury, you may deserve compensation for losses No-Fault benefits don’t cover. These include pain, human suffering, disability, disfigurement, emotional distress and other losses. In order to recover, you will have to prove liability and may also need to show one of the following:

  1. Over $4,000 in medical bills;
  2. Disability for more than 60 days;
  3. Permanent injury or disfigurement

If the driver causing the accident is uninsured, or hits and runs from the accident site, you may have additional rights.

What If I am not being treated fairly by my insurance company?

You should contact a lawyer to defend your rights. The insurance company is financially motivated to make sure your claim is minimized or even defeated. Unfortunately, many people find out the hard way that even their own insurance company doesn’t necessarily care about them. The insurance companies have experience and the advantage when dealing with an accident victim who does not hire an attorney.

I was working during the time of the accident. Do I need to make a no-fault claim?

You should notify the no-fault insurer of the accident. Workers compensation is a “primary” method of recovery in an automobile accident of this nature, but it is not an “exclusive” remedy. In other words, workers compensation pays for all claims that could be paid by either no-fault insurance or workers compensation. However, there are some benefits available through no fault insurance that are unavailable through workers compensation, such as replacement services, for which the no-fault insurer is responsible.

I am unable to work right now. What can I do?

If you are unable to work your no-fault benefits will pay up to $500 per week in wage loss for time missed from work.

9:00am - 12:00pm
2:30pm - 5:30pm

9:00am - 12:00pm
2:30pm - 5:30pm

9:00am - 12:00pm
2:30pm - 5:30pm

9:00am - 12:00pm
2:30pm - 5:30pm

9:00am - 12:00pm
2:30pm - 5:30pm

9:00am - 12:00pm


Connection Chiropractic

5101 Thimsen Ave #106
Minnetonka, MN 55345

(952) 232-4700